Testimonials

Sunday, August 24, 2008

carrer Bruniquer

I couldn't make it to all the streets that participated in la festa major de Gràcia, like I would have liked.

However, I wouldn't have missed carrer Bruniquer for 2 years ago they had a simple display but vibrant colors.

I was using my wide angle zoom lens and I desperately wanted a human for depth.

So here comes Mark, the grandson of Luis and the brother of Aina, who accommodated my pathetic need to shoot a good photo.

carrer Bruniquer

carrer Bruniquer, 2008

By the time these photos were taken, the prizes had been awarded and carrer Bruniquer received 9th place honorable mention out of 15 who participated and a special category award for Innovation.

Their theme was Glacat, meaning frost or ice. Their displays were creative, fun and the street was inviting.

carrer Bruniquer

carrer Bruniquer, 2008

I would like to mention that Luis is the president of the block for la festa and a terrific warm man.

I was ecstatic, elated and exhilarated to meet you Luis, Aina and Mark

And,

Congratulations on your awards. Well done!

 la festa Gràcia, 2008View barcalunacy's la festa Gràcia, 2008 FLCKR photoset.

1 comment:

  1. You really have keen, observing eyes for candid moments that tell the story. (That's what called "Steet Photography" ...)

    I love your street moments. I do.

    ReplyDelete