Testimonials

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Footprints

Today was a good day and it isn’t even over yet.

I look forward to a walk to my favorite plaça, a light evening meal and the awaited 22:00 movie which lately makes me feel sorry to possess a television set.

Oh what worries I don’t have and if I did I probably have none compared to the person who owns this pair of feet.

For those who follow my posts, I go crazy for portraits of hands and I don’t do enough of them. I will make a memo to shoot hand portraits more often.

As I look at this elderly person (hmmm … I think the youth of today might consider me elderly! No, it's true) he is distinctive in posture and dress and that alone makes him a commanding subject.

Footprints

Barcelona, 2008

But as I look further down, I see the wear and tear of time having passed.

I noticed his one curled toe that curled my hair with questions. Would he sit at his favorite plaça and delight in a mouth-watering evening meal?

Would he watch a television movie that made him wonder why he was watching at all?

Today was a good day for me.

hmmm

 A Candid View of Everyday People View barcalunacy's A Candid View of Everyday People FLCKR photoset

2 comments:

  1. This is a moving picture and commentary, Luna. I like how you chose his feet to represent the person and tell his story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:54 AM

    Por que cuerno no escriben en castellano que es el idioma que nos une a millones de pensante.
    Que mierda tiene que vber uno de la peninsula iberica con el idioma de la peninsula inlesa.
    La idea puede ser buena pero en el mundo el idioma el espa�ol o castellano.
    Si no es asi al carajo.

    ReplyDelete