Testimonials

Saturday, August 02, 2008

la Festa, Gràcia! 2008

From August 15th to the 21st, the barrio de Gràcia will host a festa where various neighborhoods will compete with one another for first prize ... Creativity.

la Festa, Gràcia 2008

la Festa, Gràcia! 2008

In 2006, carre Verdi/Robí was the WINNER. I wasn't here for the 2007 Festa, and I missed being here like a dog denied a ham bone.

To get a peek of what I am writing, read further and be sure to click on the VIDEO.

It's really, REALLY worth seeing.

Who knows. You might plan your vacation to enjoy the festa next year.

Original post: 09/01/2006

THE WINNER!!!!

Verdi Rocks!

Last in a series of the Festa Major de Gràcia, 2006!!

Placed 1st in the Best Decorated Street entry category and 1st for Creativity and Best Decorated Ceiling at the Festa Major de Gràcia, 2006.

What a night it was the night I went to see the displays at carrer de Verdi/Robí.



The night before the very last night, my camera, my partner and I barreled over to Verdi: How exhilarating, invigorating, enlivening, exciting and electrifying the evening was! It was also a turn-on.

So different was this street when the neighbors (vecinos) were setting everything up for the festa. They slaved away on their displays and put together the ghooly Star-Trekky-type-space-aliens.

There were jillions of folks of all ages, sizes, shapes and genders holding hands, dancing, and singing.

You could feel the music, thunderous, pulsating, fresh-from-the-jungle music that made it a veritable moral obligation to shimmy, sway and swing.

If you don’t believe me, think I’ve gone berserk with my verbs, check out my video proof.



Click HERE!

Did I forget to mention the gigantic hullabaloos of balloons, gargantuan portions of eats and oceans of drink everywhere the eye could hear, the ears to sing to?

If I don’t mention the lights, you’ll send a firing squad up before me. And what would happen then?? Lights lit up the Aliens, (definitely not of this or any other world), breathtaking lights that made these Un-humans appear to be aflame with fun and fun-loving.



 Catalunya’s carre de Verdi y Robi, 2006View barcalunacy's Catalunya’s carre de Verdi y Robi, 2006 FLCKR photoset.


 Catalunya’s carre de Verdi y Robi, 2006View barcalunacy's COLLECTION of 7 streets in la festa de Gràcia,2006 FLCKR photoset.

2 comments:

  1. I surely would have enjoyed this fest if I were there. Would love to be there someday.

    Btw, the Indonesian word for party is "pesta" - probably it's derived from Spanish word festa, or Portuguese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eki

    The party waits you!

    What is a lot of fun is to watch the 2 weeks before the festa, when I get to see fantastic ideas come to light midst all the material that is strewn every where.

    Neighbors get to know one another more and I get to meet some interesting and fascinating people.

    ReplyDelete